Lotus Biscoff Milkshake With Biscoff Spread & Biscuits
Here’s how to make the best Biscoff milkshake with just 4 ingredients. This milkshake recipe is an easy dessert you can make in a matter of minutes.
Who doesn’t love milkshakes? They are easy to make and great to drink at any time of the day. I really can’t get enough of it, especially when it’s a Lotus Biscoff milkshake!
It’s tasty, refreshing and just so creamy, plus… it’s filled with so much Biscoff goodness! It’s made with Lotus Biscoff biscuits and Biscoff spread, blended to create an absolutely amazing drink.
If you have leftover Biscoff biscuits or a few spoons of Biscoff spread, then this milkshake recipe is the best way to use it up. You can also check out this list of tasty Biscoff dessert ideas too!
Why You’ll Like This Recipe
- Ready in just 5 minutes!
- You can make it thick or runny.
- It’s perfect for summer.
- This Biscoff milkshake recipe is quick, easy and tastes just like Five Guys!
- You can make this milkshake without a blender (see how below).
If you love Biscoff, then you have to try this Biscoff mug cake and Biscoff Tiffin recipe.
Watch How To Make It
I used this Ninja Blender, however I’ve been using this newest Ninja foodie model recently.
What Is So Special About Lotus Biscoff?
Lotus Biscoff is just… delicious!
Biscoff has a deep caramelised taste and has spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg in it. Their biscuit texture is light and slightly crispy, whilst their Biscoff spread is thick and smooth like peanut butter.
When added to desserts, it takes the flavour to a whole new level and makes it totally irresistible.
How To Make A Milkshake Without A Blender
To make a milkshake without a blender, you simply need to leave the ice cream to soften slightly.
You can either leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes or place it in the microwave for 10 seconds with the Biscoff.
Add slightly melted Biscoff, milk and the softened ice cream to a jar, close the lid and shake it until combined. And that’s how you make a milkshake without a blender!
Lotus Biscoff Milkshake Ingredients
Below are the few ingredients needed for this recipe:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: I like to use good quality vanilla ice cream, but any type of ice cream works well with this recipe. You can use your favourite ice cream flavour or be adventurous with more than one flavour. For the ultimate milkshake, try it with this no churn honeycomb ice cream recipe!
- Milk: I use full fat milk for a richer flavour and a creamy texture, but you can use any variety of milk that you like.
- Lotus Biscoff Spread: Biscoff spread is one of the star ingredients in this recipe; I used smooth Biscoff spread. It’s made by crushing Biscoff biscuits with other ingredients like cinnamon and oils to create a spreadable paste.
- Lotus Biscoff Biscuits: An irresistible treat on its own! Biscoff biscuits are added within the milkshake. Plus, I like to sprinkle extra Biscoff biscuits on top for extra texture in every mouthful.
What Flavour Is Biscoff?
Lotus Biscoff is known for its original and unique mix of flavours. Their biscuits and spreads taste of caramel and Christmas-like spices such as cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
The taste of Biscoff reminds me of gingernut biscuits or gingersnaps as it’s made with a similar mix of spices.
Tips To Make The Best Milkshake Every Time
Add more ice cream to thicken the mixture or more milk to liquefy the milkshake texture. To increase the Biscoff flavour in this milkshake, add more Biscoff spread or biscuits.
To maintain a thick and creamy texture, make sure the glasses you are serving it in is cold. A great tip is to place the glasses in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes before serving.
To avoid Biscoff spread sticking to the blender, add it once the milk and ice cream are added. Otherwise, the Biscoff spread will stick to the bottom of the blender if you put it in first.
Go crazy with your toppings! You can easily turn this milkshake into a Lotus Biscoff freakshake and take this recipe to a whole new level. See how to do this below.
How To Make A Biscoff Milkshake
Below is step-by-step guide on how to make the best Lotus Biscoff Milkshake (like Five Guys) with vanilla ice cream. Full recipe instructions are on the recipe card:
Add milk, ice cream, Lotus Biscoff spread and Lotus Biscoff biscuits into the blender.
TIP: Break the Biscoff biscuit in half, there’s no need to crush them into tiny pieces as your blender will do this for you.
Blend the mixture for 20 to 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired consistency.
Pour the milkshake into your cup. You can add additional toppings such as whipped cream and crushed Biscoff biscuits. Now it’s time for you to sit back, relax and enjoy your milkshake!
How To Make A Lotus Biscoff Freakshake
Wondering what a freakshake is? Think of a milkshake but jam-packed and loaded with sauces, toppings and even other desserts such as brownies, doughnuts and popcorn. A freakshake is a milkshake gone wild!
To make your own freakshake with this recipe, top this Lotus Biscoff milkshake with whipped cream, then start sprinkling and drizzling your favourite sauces.
Go wild by placing your favourite desserts on top. Then stick a straw in and finish with more toppings like chocolate sauce and hundreds and thousands.
How Do You Make A Thick Milkshake?
If you’ve made a milkshake that’s not as thick as you like and you want to thicken it. The solution is to add more ice cream to the recipe and blend together for 5 seconds.
If you want to thicken a milkshake without adding more ice-cream, add fruits like banana or frozen berries. This will thicken your milkshake without the need to add more ice cream to the mixture.
Can I Substitute Cookie Butter For Peanut Butter?
If you don’t have Biscoff spread or any other cookie butter, then make a peanut butter milkshake! This is one of my favourite types of milkshakes ever! I’ve written a recipe on how to make this too.
How Many Calories Are In A Lotus Biscoff Milkshake?
There are 568 calories in this Lotus Biscoff milkshake. Not the healthiest of drinks but it’s definitely worth it! Bear in mind this varies depending on any toppings you add to it.
What Do You Put Lotus Biscoff Spread On?
What can I use Biscoff spread for? There are so many uses for Biscoff besides putting it on toast, check out this list below:
- Biscoff brownies
- Biscoff cheesecake
- Dip for fruit
- Biscoff cupcakes
- Biscoff rocky road
- Biscoff cookies
- Homemade Biscoff ice cream
How To Store
Milkshakes are best served straightaway but if you want to keep it for later you can. To store, keep in the fridge for a few hours. However, as the milkshake cools the texture will become less thick and runnier.
If you plan on making this milkshake ahead of time, it’s best to leave out the Biscoff biscuits otherwise they will turn soggy.
More Milkshake Recipes
Lotus Biscoff Milkshake
- 2 tbsp Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 2 Lotus Biscoff Biscuits Break in half (blends easier)
- 125 g Vanilla Ice Cream (6 medium scoops)
- 95 ml Milk (12 tbsp)
- Add milk, ice cream, Lotus Biscoff spread and Lotus Biscoff biscuits into the blender.
- Blend the mixture for 20 to 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired consistency. Feel free to add more ice cream to thicken the mixture or more milk to liquefy the milkshake texture. You can even add more Biscoff biscuits and/or spread to increase the Biscoff flavour.
- Pour the milkshake into your cup. You can add additional toppings such as whipped cream and crumbled Biscoff biscuits. Now it’s time for you to sit back, relax and enjoy your milkshake!
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY
Leave a Reply