A Delicious Biscoff Rocky Road That’s No Bake, Easy & Tasty
White chocolate, Lotus Biscoff spread, Lotus biscuits, marshmallows and even more white chocolate. This no-bake rocky road is a recipe for indulgence! Biscoff lovers get ready, you’re in for a treat.
Everyone say yay to another Lotus Biscoff recipe. This Biscoff rocky road is crunchy, chocolatey and filled with fluffy and chewy marshmallows. I would love to say that making rocky road is super easy and in theory it is, but I got it perfect on my 3rd attempt! Not first, second but third attempt. This recipe is therefore fail-proof, but more on that later. I’ll show you how to make a delicious Biscoff rocky road that you’ll get perfect first time.
Rocky road is one of those simple recipes where you just throw everything into one bowl, mix and chill in the fridge. It’s the ultimate no bake dessert that even kids can make. So, how did I mess it up 2 times? My chocolate seized! The chocolate and butter mixture turned into a thick, lumpy mess which was unsolvable. I realised the reason why my chocolate seized was because I was warming it at a high temperature! You need to set your microwave at a medium to low setting and mix every 10 seconds. Remember to make sure your bowl and spoon are completely dry and you’re good to go!
This recipe is very easy to make just like this Lotus Biscoff Milkshake recipe!
Watch How To Make It
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons why you’ll fall in love with this recipe, below are a few reasons why this Biscoff traybake is so popular:
- 10 minute prep and you’re done!
- It’s super easy to make.
- A no-bake Biscoff traybake; there’s no baking involved whatsoever.
- Satisfies little mouths and adults!
- The perfect match for Lotus Biscoff and chocolate lovers.
My Top Tips
When melting the white chocolate and butter, it’s so important that you don’t overheat the mixture as it will burn and seize. If you’re chocolate seizes, its unusable and you’ll have to start again. You can prevent this by constantly mixing the chocolate and butter mixture and melting it over a low heat. An alternative to melting in the microwave is to simmer water in a pan, set a heatproof bowl and place the chocolate and butter inside, mixing till melted. Make sure the water in the pan doesn’t touch the bowl.
If you’re not using white chocolate buttons or white chocolate chips. Break the chocolate bar into small chunks or individual pieces before melting. This increases the surface area and will allow the heat to melt the chocolate evenly.
Prep, prep and some more prep! When making Lotus Biscoff rocky road I always like to prep beforehand, so when I’m ready to make it I’m just mixing ingredients together and doing a little melting. You can break the biscuits and weigh your ingredients the night before.
Wait for the mixture to cool down before chucking in your marshmallows. If the mixture is too hot, then they’ll start to melt.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this easy Biscoff rocky road. You can get these ingredients in your local supermarket or online.
- Biscoff Spread: Biscoff is a type of cookie butter that is made primarily from crushed Biscoff biscuits. Mixed in with white chocolate makes an incredible rocky road base.
- Lotus Biscoff Biscuits (cookies): Biscoff biscuits are crushed into a mixture of chocolate and marshmallows. When set, they provide a delightful crunchy texture. You don’t want to crumble the Biscoff biscuits finely, a range of bigger pieces is what provides the crunch.
- White Chocolate: Apart from the Biscoff, white chocolate is one of the main ingredients in this dessert. If you’re not the biggest fan of white chocolate, you can use milk or dark chocolate. I’ve used 30p chocolate to make rocky road alongside more expensive £1.00 chocolate and they both taste good!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter to make this rocky road.
- Marshmallows: Pink and white marshmallows stand out and look quite colourful. You can use white marshmallows or any colours you fancy. I used mini marshmallows; If you are using bigger ones, then you can cut them into smaller pieces.
To make this Biscoff rocky road recipe, you’ll need a 9″ baking tin which will give you between 12 to 24 pieces depending on how big you cut each slice.
How To Make Biscoff Rocky Road
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make Lotus Biscoff rocky road, full recipe instructions and ingredients are on the recipe card at the bottom. Don’t forget the 9″ baking tin!
Add butter and white chocolate to a pan or large mixing bowl and melt on a low heat. If you’re melting the chocolate and butter in the microwave, set the microwave to a low heat setting and microwave for short sections, stirring till smooth.
In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the Biscoff spread in the microwave on a medium temperature setting for roughly 30 seconds or until runny. Fold into the melted white chocolate and butter mixture until combined.
Add the mini marshmallows and crumbled Biscoff biscuits into the mixing bowl and fold together until evenly distributed.
Pour into a lined tin and spread out making sure the mixture is pressed against all sides of the tin.
How To Decorate Biscoff Rocky Road
The next few steps are to make the feathering design with extra white chocolate and Biscoff spread.
Melt white chocolate and pour over the rocky road mixture, even the chocolate with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
Drizzle the Biscoff spread over the white chocolate in a swirly line pattern.
With a skewer, drag though the lines in opposite directions creating a feathering pattern. Watch my video on how I did this.
Break the remaining Lotus Biscoff biscuits in half or into small pieces and place on top of the white chocolate and Biscoff spread topping. Leave in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours or until the rocky road has set. I cut my squares into 12 slices, but they were super huge! It’s best to cut them bite-sized, you could get around 24 pieces.
Make Biscoff Rocky Road Vegan
To make this Biscoff rocky road vegan, you’ll simply need to swap a few ingredients. Instead of butter use a dairy free plant-based spread and replace the chocolate with vegan chocolate and marshmallows with vegan-friendly marshmallows. The Biscoff spread and biscuits are already vegan-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few frequently asked questions about this Biscoff traybake.
How Do I Store Rocky Road?
Store in the fridge or at room temperature in a sealed container. If your environment is quite hot, then it’s best to store in the fridge. Keep for up to a week.
What Size Tin To Use?
Use a 9″ baking tin, it’s best to buy a non-stick tin.
Can I make Variations?
Rocky road is quite forgiving so the ingredients in this Lotus Biscoff and white chocolate rocky road can easily be changed. You can change the chocolate to milk chocolate or dark. You can even add in extra flavours such as nuts and caramel popcorn.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you liked this Biscoff and white chocolate rocky road, check out even more no bake tasty recipes below:
Biscoff Rocky Road No Bake Traybake
Rocky Road Topping
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 50 g Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 50 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits 6 Biscuits (3 packs of 2)
- Line a 9″ square tin with parchment paper and set aside for later use.
- Add butter and white chocolate to a pan or large mixing bowl and melt on a low heat. If you’re melting the chocolate and butter in the microwave, set the microwave to a low heat setting and microwave for short sections, stirring till smooth.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the Biscoff spread in the microwave on a medium temperature setting for roughly 30 seconds or until runny.
- Fold the melted Biscoff into the white chocolate and butter mixture until combined.
- Add the mini marshmallows and crumbled Biscoff biscuits into the mixing bowl and fold together until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a lined tin and spread out making sure the mixture is pressed against all sides of the tin.
- Melt white chocolate and pour over the rocky road mixture, even the chocolate with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle the Biscoff spread over the white chocolate in a swirly line pattern.
- With a skewer, drag though the lines in opposite directions creating a feathering pattern.
- Break the remaining Lotus Biscoff biscuits in half or into small pieces and place on top of the white chocolate and Biscoff spread topping.
- Leave in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours or until the rocky road has set. Cut into slices when set.
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY