White Chocolate Biscoff Rocky Road
Homemade Biscoff rocky road made with white chocolate! This is a recipe for complete and utter indulgence; Biscoff lovers get ready, you’re in for a treat.
Is there anything better than a white chocolate and Biscoff rocky road? Honestly, I’m wondering why I haven’t made it sooner! The taste is amazing and the texture sublime.
It’s crunchy, chocolatey, smooth and rich. Plus, the marshmallows add a soft, fluffy and chewy touch.
You can add pretty much anything to it, and you’re guaranteed a tasty no-bake treat every time. This Biscoff rocky road is very easy to make and takes just 10 minutes to put together.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons why you’ll fall in love with this recipe, below are a few reasons why this Biscoff traybake is so popular:
- 10-minute prep and you’re done!
- It’s super easy to make.
- A no-bake Biscoff traybake; there’s no baking involved whatsoever.
- Satisfies little mouths and adults!
- This rocky road has the perfect blend of white chocolate and Lotus Biscoff.
Rocky road is a simple dessert where you throw everything into one bowl, mix and let it chill in the fridge. It’s the ultimate no bake dessert that even kids can make.
Watch How To Make It
This Biscoff rocky road recipe is completely failproof, I’ve made this traybake many times and it works.
Melting butter and chocolate together has to be done perfectly, otherwise the mixture can turn hard, seize or become grainy. To avoid this, I’ve taken butter out of this recipe to make it super easy every time.
If you want to add butter, add 50g to the recipe. You need to set your microwave at a medium to low setting and mix every 10 seconds. Remember to make sure your bowl and spoon are completely dry and you’re good to go!
Biscoff Rocky Road Recipe Ingredients
Below are the 4 ingredients needed for this Biscoff rocky road recipe:
- Biscoff Spread: Biscoff is a type of cookie butter that is made primarily from crushed Biscoff biscuits. Mixed in with white chocolate makes an incredible rocky road base.
- Lotus Biscoff Biscuits: Biscoff biscuits are coated in a melted white chocolate and Biscoff mixture. When set, they provide a delightful crunchy texture. You don’t want to crush the Biscoff biscuits finely, a range of bigger pieces is what provides the crunch.
- White Chocolate: Apart from the Biscoff, white chocolate is one of the main ingredients in this dessert. If you’re not the biggest fan of white chocolate, you can use milk or dark chocolate. I’ve used 30p chocolate to make rocky road alongside more expensive £1.00 chocolate and they both taste good!
- Marshmallows: Pink and white marshmallows stand out and look quite colourful. You can use white marshmallows or any colours you fancy. I used mini marshmallows; If you are using bigger ones, you can cut them into smaller pieces.
To make this Biscoff rocky road recipe, you’ll need a 9″ baking tin which will give you between 12 to 24 pieces depending on how big you cut each slice.
How To Make White Chocolate Biscoff Rocky Road
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make Lotus Biscoff rocky road a no-bake traybake. Full recipe instructions are on the recipe card. Don’t forget the 9″ baking tin!
Add broken white chocolate to a large mixing bowl and melt on a low to medium heat. You can also melt the chocolate in a pan over a low heat, stirring continuously.
If you’re melting the chocolate in the microwave, microwave for short sections (10 to 15 seconds) and stir the mixture each time until fully melted.
Add Biscoff spread to a small microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave on a medium heat for 30 seconds or until runny.
Stir the melted Biscoff spread and pour it into the melted white chocolate and mix until combined.
Add the mini marshmallows and broken Biscoff biscuits into the mixing bowl and mix together until evenly distributed.
Pour the Biscoff mixture into a lined baking tin and spread it evenly into all four corners. With the back of a spoon, press the mixture down.
How To Decorate Biscoff Rocky Road
Melt Biscoff spread in the microwave on a medium heat until melted. With a spoon, drizzle it over the rocky road mixture.
Break the remaining Lotus Biscoff biscuits in half or into small pieces and place it on top of the melted Biscoff spread.
Leave the rocky road in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours or until set.
I usually cut my rocky road into 12 huge squares. However, you can get around 24 pieces if you slice it into bite-sized portions.
My Top Tips
Don’t overheat the chocolate or it will burn and seize. If your chocolate seizes, its unusable and you’ll have to start again. You can prevent this by constantly mixing the chocolate mixture and melting it over a low heat.
An alternative to melting chocolate in the microwave is to simmer water in a pan, place a heatproof bowl on top and place the chocolate inside and mix thoroughly until melted. Make sure the water in the pan doesn’t touch the bowl.
Break the chocolate into small chunks or individual pieces before melting. This increases the surface area and will allow the heat to melt the chocolate evenly.
Prep, prep and some more prep! When making Lotus Biscoff rocky road I always like to prep beforehand, when I’m ready to make it, I’m just mixing ingredients together and doing a little melting. You can break the biscuits and weigh your ingredients the night before.
Wait for the mixture to cool down before chucking in your marshmallows. If the mixture is too hot, then they’ll start to melt.
Make Biscoff Rocky Road Vegan
To make this Biscoff rocky road vegan, you’ll simply need to swap a few ingredients.
Replace the chocolate with vegan chocolate and marshmallows with vegan-friendly marshmallows. The Biscoff spread and biscuits are already vegan-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few frequently asked questions about this Biscoff traybake.
Store in the fridge or at room temperature in a sealed container. If your environment is quite hot, then it’s best to store in the fridge. Keep for up to a week.
Classic rocky roads have marshmallows, broken biscuits, raisins and nuts. These ingredients are coated in a melted chocolate mixture and is left to harden in the fridge.
Cut rocky road once it’s set in the fridge, this will help you create clean-cut slices without it breaking apart.
What Size Tin Should I Use?
Biscoff Rocky Road Recipe Variations
Rocky road is quite forgiving, so the ingredients in this Lotus Biscoff and white chocolate rocky road can easily be changed.
You can change the chocolate to milk chocolate or dark chocolate. You can even add in extra flavours such as nuts and caramel popcorn! Below are a few more variations:
- White Chocolate Topping: Coat the rocky road with melted white chocolate and drizzle melted Biscoff spread on top. Use a skewer or toothpick to marble the Biscoff into the white chocolate. It creates a stunning design.
- Use Crunchy Biscoff Spread: Add more texture and crunch by using Biscoff crunchy spread instead of the smooth version.
- Use Flavoured Biscoff Biscuits: I used classic Biscoff biscuits, but they also have flavoured sandwiched biscuits you can use instead.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you liked this Biscoff and white chocolate rocky road traybake, then check out these no-bake tasty recipes below:
Biscoff Rocky Road (No-Bake Traybake)
Rocky Road Topping
- 50 g Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 50 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits (6 Biscuits)
- Line a 9″ square tin with parchment paper and set it aside for later use.
- Add broken white chocolate to a large mixing bowl and melt on a low to medium heat. Microwave for short sections (10 to 15 seconds) and stir the mixture each time until fully melted.You can also melt the chocolate in a pan over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add Biscoff spread to a small microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave on a medium heat for 30 seconds or until runny.
- Stir the melted Biscoff spread and pour it into the melted white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add the mini marshmallows and broken Biscoff biscuits into the chocolate mixture and mix together until evenly distributed.
- Pour the Biscoff mixture into the lined baking tin and spread it evenly into all four corners. With the back of a spoon, press the mixture down.
Rocky Road Topping
- Melt Biscoff spread in the microwave on a medium heat until melted. With a spoon, drizzle it over the rocky road mixture.
- Break the remaining Lotus Biscoff biscuits in half or into small pieces and place it on top of the melted Biscoff spread.
- Leave the rocky road in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours or until set. Once set, cut into slices.
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY