How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Milkshakes At Home
This homemade peanut butter milkshake is creamy, refreshing and so easy to make. Made with only 3 ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious shake in under 5 minutes. Learn how to make this tasty peanut butter milkshake with a step-by-step recipe (and video) below.
If you’re a peanut butter lover then you have to try this delicious milkshake perfect for summer. Equally sweet and salty this recipe is to die for! For me, summer will not be summer without rustling-up this delicious drink in the hot sun. This peanut butter milkshake recipe can be made whenever you’re in the mood for an easy and simple dessert.
What Is A Milkshake?
Haven’t tried a milkshake before? A milkshake is a cool drink made from blended or thoroughly shaken ice cream and milk. Milkshakes are usually flavoured with sweeteners and other flavourings like peanut butter and biscoff biscuits like in my popular lotus biscof milkshake. They can be served in cool mason jars like these and large glasses. Don’t forget large straws, they’re the best way to enjoy homemade peanut butter milkshakes.
Can You Mix Milk And Peanut Butter?
Yes, you can definitely mix peanut butter and milk together! Mixed in a milkshake or even in a smoothie creates a delicious combo. The peanut butter adds a slight saltiness to the sweet ice cream and milk mixture, which is why this milkshake is quite popular amongst sweet and salty food lovers.
Whenever I’m asked whether you can put peanut butter in a shake, I can’t scream yes any louder. Peanut butter is the perfect addition to any milkshake and below will talk about recipe variations you can try.
What Blender Is Best For Milkshakes (And Smoothies)?
You do not need a fancy and super expensive blender to make milkshakes and smoothies. There are so many blenders out there that will do the job! I personally use this blender from Ninja Foodie and it gives me the best results without the need to pay a fortune.
Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe Ingredients
To make this milkshake you only need the 3 ingredients below. You can add additional flavours and toppings like whipped cream and chopped peanuts but these additions are optional.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: I like to use vanilla ice cream when making peanut butter milkshakes but you don’t have to stick with vanilla. I occasionally use ice cream with cookie dough and brownie chunks. Yum! Did you know that you can make your own homemade ice cream with just 3 ingredients?
- Milk: I use full fat milk but you can use any variety of milk that you like.
- Peanut Butter: Smooth or crunchy… decisions decisions. I’m a sucker for using smooth peanut butter but you can use crunchy peanut butter like the Five Guys’ Milkshake.
How to pick the best peanut butter? There are a whole range of peanut butter available for purchase (you can also make your own). Look for peanut butter with fewer additives and oils. Usually, organic peanut butter only contains peanuts and salts.
How To Make Peanut Butter Milkshake
Below is step-by-step guide on how to make the best peanut butter milkshake with vanilla ice cream.
Add milk, ice cream and peanut butter into the blender or smoothie maker.
Blend the mixture for 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired consistency. Feel free to add more ice cream to thicken the mixture or more milk to liquefy the milkshake mixture. You can even add more peanut butter to increase the peanut butter flavour.
Pour the milkshake into your cup. You can add additional toppings such as whipped cream and drizzled peanut butter. Now it’s time for you to sit back, relax and enjoy!
Recipe Variations – What Flavours Go Well With Peanut Butter?
You can have so much fun with this recipe and add in additional flavours that go well with peanut butter. Check out this list below:
- 1. Chocolate
- 2. Oreo (my favourite!!)
- 3. Peanut butter cookies (for the peanut butter lovers)
- 4. Bananas
- 5. Jam (Jelly)
- 6. Apples
- 7. Nutella
- 8. Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 9. Bacon (different but this has been done)
- 10. Brownies (yum)
Which milkshake is best? I’ll have to say my favourite go-to milkshake is peanut butter and Oreo. To make this version, simply add in a couple Oreo cookies to the blender with peanut butter, milk and ice cream. Blend the ingredients, serve and enjoy!
How To Store Your Milkshake
This milkshake is best consumed freshly made; it can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you’ve added additional ingredients like biscuits and cookies, if not consumed immediately the cookies in the mixture will become soggy.
Milkshake Toppings (Optional)
Top this peanut butter milkshake with whatever you want, I’ve suggested a couple of my favourites below:
- whipped cream
- drizzled peanut butter
- coffee granules
- chopped peanuts
- crumbled cookies
Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 95 ml Milk 16 tbsp
- 125 g Ice-cream 6 huge table spoons
- Add milk, ice cream and peanut butter into the blender or smoothie maker.
- Blend the mixture for 30 seconds or until you have reached your desired consistency. Feel free to add more ice cream to thicken the mixture or more milk to liquefy the milkshake mixture. You can even add more peanut butter to increase the peanut butter flavour.
- Pour the milkshake into your cup. You can add additional toppings such as whipped cream and drizzled peanut butter. Now it’s time for you to sit back, relax and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments below and tag me on Instagram @MyMorningMocha, I would love to see them!
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY