Easy 5 Minute Lotus Biscoff Mug Cake Recipe… The Best Ever
Say hello to this quick and easy Lotus Biscoff mug cake, the perfect cake recipe for one! It’s fluffy, soft, moist and takes no more than 2 minutes to bake in the microwave.
Is there anything better than a Lotus Biscoff mug cake? It only needs a few basic ingredients and over a minute to bake in the microwave! This recipe is the perfect solution to satisfy all your cake cravings, it’s the type of dessert to make when you want freshly baked cake but with little effort.
I’m a big fan of Lotus Biscoff desserts, this easy mug cake is just my latest recipe. If you have any Biscoff spread left over you can make Biscoff rocky road, Biscoff brownies and a refreshing Biscoff milkshake.
Why You’ll Love This Mug Cake Recipe
- This is THE dessert for anyone who wants cake fast! There’s no mixing bowls involved, messy work surfaces or any need to preheat your oven – a dream come true.
- The Easiest Dessert Ever: I don’t think homemade desserts can get any easier than this! This mug cake recipe flavoured with Biscoff cookie spread is all about being quick and easy. The 5 ingredients needed are simple pantry items you’ll probably have at home already, so you can make this cake whenever your cravings call.
- 5 Minutes To Make: This recipe takes 5 minutes to make, that includes prep time too!
- So Customisable: The different flavour combinations you can make with this recipe are pretty much endless.
Biscoff Mug Cake Video
You only need the five ingredients below for this sugar free Biscoff mug cake, there’s no egg in this recipe too. I find the sweetness from the Biscoff spread enough, so I didn’t add any extra sugar.
- Biscoff Spread: To make this mug cake you’ll need Biscoff cookie spread, I used the smooth version.
- Plain Flour: Also called all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cake to rise.
- Milk: I used whole milk; you use can use almond milk as a vegan alternative.
- Vegetable Oil: For moisture; you can also use melted butter instead.
How To Make Lotus Biscoff Mug Cake With No Egg
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make this egg free Lotus Biscoff mug cake in the microwave, full instructions are on the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Place the Biscoff spread into a mug, then place the mug in the microwave for 15 seconds on a high heat. This will soften the Biscoff spread and make it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
TIP: Be careful not to overwarm the Biscoff Mixture as this can make the cake texture really dry.
Add plain flour, baking powder, milk and vegetable oil into the mug.
Mix the ingredients together with a fork until evenly distributed, make sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the mug.
Place the mug in the microwave and heat on full powder for 1 minute at first, if it’s not done continue to microwave in short 10 second bursts. It took me 1 minute and 10 seconds in my microwave.
My Top Tips
This might sound obvious, but make sure the cup you are using is microwavable! Usually a cup will be marked ‘microwavable’ or ‘microwave safe’ at the bottom. If you’re not 100% sure, use a different cup to be on the safe side.
A test to see if your mug cake is ready is to stick a toothpick into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it’s ready. If it comes out with cake batter on it, then microwave for a further 10 seconds until cooked.
As soon as the ingredients are mixed together in the mug stop stirring, over mixing the cake batter can give you a tough cake texture instead of a light and spongy texture.
Aim for your mug to be filled no more than 3/4 full of Biscoff cake batter, anything higher can result in the cake over-flowing in the microwave.
Be careful when taking the mug cake out of the microwave, it might be hot to touch!
My favourite way to decorate this mug cake is to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle Biscoff spread on top with a Biscoff biscuit stuck in! Below are a few more serving suggestions.
- Chocolate Sauce
- Drizzle Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Fresh Fruit
Instead of Lotus Biscoff spread, you can use other cookie spreads or nut butters like peanut butter and Nutella.
You can even add more flavours to this Biscoff mug cake like the addition of vanilla, chocolate chips and crushed Lotus Biscoff biscuits – Yum.
To make the recipe sweeter you can add sugar. Brown sugar will provide a moist cake, a deeper colour and a caramelised taste. You can of course use caster sugar instead.
How To Store
It’s best to eat the mug cake freshly baked but if you do have any left to store, cover with cling film and keep in the fridge for no more than a day. Don’t put any perishable toppings on the cake like ice cream until you’re ready to eat it.
How To Make This Recipe Vegan
As Biscoff spread is naturally vegan, it’s so easy to make this whole Biscoff mug cake vegan too! Swap cow’s milk with almond milk, coconut milk or any other vegan milk alternative. You also use vegan friendly toppings like coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
Why Did My Mug Cake Recipe Overflow?
If your mug cake recipe spilled over the sides whilst baking in the microwave, it’s probably because there was too much cake batter in the cup or the cup size used was too small. I always aim to fill the cup 3/4 full of cake batter to avoid overflowing. You can use a large sized mug to avoid this.
Where Can You Get Biscoff Spread From?
If you’re in the UK, you can buy the ingredients needed to make this Biscoff mug cake recipe easily. You can get Biscoff cookie spread in supermarkets, you can check your local pound store too. You can also get Biscoff spread online here on Amazon.
Microwave Cooking Instructions
I made this mug cake in a regular microwave, my microwave is 800 watts and the mug cake was ready in 70 seconds heated on full powder.
The cooking time differs from one microwave to another. After 60 seconds (1 minute), stop the microwave and check to see if the cake is cooked by inserting a toothpick or skewer inside. If it comes out clean its cooked, if it comes out doughy then it needs more time to cook.
More Easy Recipes
- Double Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Orange Mousse
- Oreo Waffles
- Biscoff Tiffin
- Biscoff Blondies
Lotus Biscoff Mug Cake (Easy And So Good!)
- Place the Biscoff spread into a mug, then place the mug in the microwave for 15 seconds on a high heat.
- Add plain flour, baking powder, milk and vegetable oil into the mug.
- Mix the ingredients together with a fork until evenly distributed, make sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the mug.
- Place the mug in the microwave and heat on full powder for 1 minute at first, if it’s not done continue to microwave in short 10 second bursts. It took me 1 minute and 10 seconds in my microwave.
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY