Lotus Biscoff Latte Recipe
Take a sip of this deliciously smooth and creamy Biscoff latte – the perfect drink for both coffee and Biscoff lovers. It’s made with just 4 simple ingredients, and it tastes absolutely amazing!
This homemade Biscoff latte is the perfect drink to snuggle up with – it’s pure comfort! I can’t think of anything better than to have this on a cold winter’s day.
It’s perfectly smooth, easy to make and is full of Biscoff spread which blends effortlessly with the strong coffee flavour. The Biscoff adds a nice caramelised taste, making this drink irresistibly good.
All you need is one or two shots of espresso (or instant coffee), steamed or warmed milk and lots of Biscoff. I also like to add a little bit of vanilla extract for even more flavour.
Why You’ll Like This Drink
- It’s so quick and easy, you only need 5 minutes max
- It’s a great way to use up leftover Biscoff spread
- This latte is a perfect blend of Biscoff and coffee
- It’s easy to customise and add additional flavours!
- The taste of this Lotus Biscoff coffee is insanely good.
Watch How To Make A Biscoff Latte
Below are the few ingredients needed for this recipe:
- Coffee: You can make this Biscoff latte with one or two shots of espresso (depending on coffee strength preference). Instant coffee can also be used as an alternative to espresso.
- Biscoff Spread: I like to use smooth Biscoff spread also known as Speculoos. You can experiment with Crunchy Biscoff spread for a bit of texture in your latte.
- Milk: I like using full fat milk for an ultra-creamy texture, but you can use any milk options of your choice. Using almond milk or non-dairy milk alternatives will make this recipe vegan.
- Vanilla Extract: I love adding vanilla extract to make this drink extra tasty, but this addition is entirely optional. You can of course swap vanilla extract for a flavouring of your choice such as hazelnut syrup.
- Toppings (Optional): You can make this latte extra special by adding toppings like whipped cream and crushed Biscoff biscuits. Below in this post, I listed a few topping ideas you might want to try!
You’ve got to be a Biscoff fan to have a Biscoff latte, I just love it, hence why there are so many Biscoff recipes on this site! For my fellow Biscoff fans, I’ve put together a post of the most popular Biscoff recipes on the site – you’ll want to check this out!! Below are a few of my favourites:
How To Make A Lotus Biscoff Latte
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make an easy Biscoff coffee latte. Full recipe instructions are on the recipe card:
Add milk and Biscoff spread to a saucepan and heat on medium heat until the Biscoff spread melts into the milk and the mixture starts to simmer.
Stir occasionally to prevent the Biscoff from burning and to help distribute the heat.
Add freshly brewed espresso (or instant coffee mixed with hot water) and vanilla extract to the saucepan. Stir the mixture until evenly distributed.
To create a frothy milk topping, whisk the milk using a milk frother. If you have a coffee machine with a steam wand, do this step after pouring the Biscoff latte into your cup of choice.
Pour the Biscoff latte into a coffee glass or mug. If you have the option to froth the latte in a machine, do this now then enjoy!
My Top Tips
Make sure you stir the Biscoff spread thoroughly so that it melts into the milk before moving on to the next step. This helps to prevent having small un-melted bits of Biscoff spread in your latte when drinking it. Alternatively, you can sieve it out.
I recommend trying the latte before deciding to add sugar, more Biscoff spread or more coffee. If the latte turns out too strong or too sweet for you, add more milk to help mellow out the flavours.
Use fresh and high-quality coffee beans for a better base flavour to build upon. If you’re not sure if you want to go with a single or double shot of coffee. I would start with one single shot and taste it, then add another shot of coffee if I want a stronger coffee taste.
Here comes the fun part! I mean who doesn’t like toppings?
To decorate this latte, you can go with a classic whipped cream topping with crushed Biscoff biscuits sprinkled on top. Alternatively, I’ve listed a few more ideas below:
- Drizzle Melted Chocolate
- Drizzle Melted Biscoff
- Sprinkle Toasted Nuts
- Chocolate Shavings
- Homemade Biscoff Ice Cream (like an affogato)
Biscoff Latte Recipe Variations
Add Spices: You can add extra spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to add extra warmth and complexity to the overall taste and flavour.
Add Liqueurs: A splash of liqueurs like Irish cream, amaretto or Baileys will add an extra kick, making it perfect for dinner parties or during the festive season.
Use Flavoured Whipped Cream: I’ve seen a lot of infused whipped creams in the supermarket lately, like infused vanilla whipped cream. This will make any latte extra special; you can also make whipped cream from scratch and add whatever flavourings you like.
Make A Biscoff Iced Latte: If you’re like me and enjoy a cold iced latte even in winter. You have to check this version out! Melt the Biscoff in a pan with a small amount of milk. Pour this into a glass filled with ice, add your coffee, cold milk, optional syrups and mix – you’ll thank me later!
Yes, simply store this drink in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, either warm the latte in the microwave until hot or reheat the mixture over a stove.
Yes, you can use instant coffee. To make the Biscoff latte use 1 to 1½ teaspoons of instant coffee dissolved in 40ml of hot water. Proceed to follow this recipe as usual.
More Hot Drink Recipes
If you love this Lotus Biscoff coffee recipe, then you’ll definitely love these recipes below too!
- 1 tbsp Biscoff Spread
- 1 Espresso Shot (Or Double Shot) (See Notes For Instant Coffee)
- 160 ml Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add milk and Biscoff spread to a saucepan and heat on medium heat until the Biscoff spread melts into the milk and the mixture starts to simmer.Stir occasionally to prevent the Biscoff from burning and to help distribute the heat.160 ml Milk, 1 tbsp Biscoff Spread
- Add freshly brewed espresso (or instant coffee mixed with hot water) and vanilla extract to the saucepan. Stir the mixture until evenly distributed.1 Espresso Shot (Or Double Shot), ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- To create a frothy milk topping, whisk the milk using a milk frother. If you have a coffee machine with a steam wand, do this step after pouring the Biscoff latte into your cup of choice
- Pour the Biscoff latte into a coffee glass or mug. If you have the option to froth the latte in a machine, do this now then enjoy!
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY