How To Make The Best Homemade Kinder Bueno Brownies
The ultimate Kinder Bueno brownies! They’re thick, fudgy and oh so gooey, rich in dark chocolate and stuffed with Kinder Bueno and Kinder Chocolate; these brownies are ridiculously good and super easy to make.
This right here is one of my favourite brownies recipe ever! It was only a few days ago when I made a no-bake Kinder Bueno cheesecake, with so much chocolate left over I decided to make delicious Kinder Bueno brownies. AND I am so happy I did! They’re indulgent, fudgy and a must-try dessert that will please everyone. I get so surprised at how good these brownies taste because they’re so easy to make. You can prep your ingredients and bake these Kinder Bueno Brownies in just 40 minutes.
I added white Kinder Bueno chocolate in these brownies alongside Kinder chocolate and milk Kinder Bueno bars. The white Kinder Bueno is my favourite out of all Kinder chocolates and is a delicious addition to this recipe. You can of course stick to milk Kinder Bueno if you like or go all out like me with 3 different types of chocolate – A triple chocolate Kinder Brownie.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Kinder Bueno in a brownie, that’s already a BIG tick from me! Below are even more reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- Can we start by talking about how good they look? The chocolate filling within Kinder bars complements the dark and rich brownie dough. They’ll make an impressive dessert for family and friends that will certainly catch people’s attention.
- Ready in 40 minutes! It’s super quick to make and is an easy recipe as well. In just 40 minutes you’ll have prepped and baked your brownies ready to sit back, relax and enjoy it.
- Basic ingredients, this brownie recipe uses basic ingredients such as flour, eggs and butter. Here in the UK, you can find Kinder chocolate in your local supermarkets and also online.
Watch How To Make It
- Dark Chocolate: I used giant dark chocolate buttons as they melt easily in the microwave and you don’t have to break the chocolate into small pieces. You can use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar as long as it’s dark chocolate, it will give you that rich chocolatey taste.
It’s so easy to burn chocolate when trying to melt it. My best tip to avoid this is to break the chocolate into small cubes and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on a high heat in 10 second intervals, giving the chocolate a stir each time until melted. If you’re using chocolate chips or chocolate buttons, then there is no need to break them down any further.
- Butter: You can use unsalted butter or margarine like Stork. The butter (or margarine) is melted along with the chocolate.
- Eggs: Use eggs that are at room temperature. The size of the eggs doesn’t really matter, I used medium-sized eggs.
- Caster Sugar: Caster sugar is whisked with eggs and vanilla until it becomes frothy and pale. Though I always use caster sugar, you can make the switch to light brown sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: My favourite vanilla extract is this one here, the addition of vanilla gives these brownies an extra boost of flavour.
- Plain Flour: Plain flour is used; it helps to give structure to these brownies.
- Cocoa Powder: I like to use this cocoa powder, it’s a fine rich cocoa powder.
- Chocolate: Kinder chocolate, white Kinder Bueno and milk Kinder Bueno are used in this brownie recipe.
Top Tips For The Best Kinder Brownies
This recipe is super easy to make but here are a few of my top tips for making Kinder Bueno brownies from scratch.
The melted chocolate and butter mixture needs to cool down first before you add it to the whisked eggs, sugar and vanilla mixture. If the melted butter and chocolate mixture is too hot, it will cook the eggs and you’ll be left with scrambled eggs.
Allow the brownies to cool down completely before you start to cut them into slices. These Kinder brownies are fudgy and gooey which means when taken from the oven, they will be soft and ooze out if immediately cut into. Leave them to cool otherwise they’ll be messy and fall apart, if I can’t wait I sometimes put them in the fridge. If of course you like brownies ultra-soft and oozy, scoop into a bowl and enjoy it nice and warm.
As Kinder Bueno chocolate has an outer layer of wafer, they do soften when baked in the oven (they don’t stay crispy). If you’re not a fan of softened wafer you can use only Kinder chocolate (350g). You will still get the contrasting white puddles of chocolate which look and taste great.
Use eggs there are at room temperature, eggs straight out of the fridge are a lot harder to whisk then eggs at room temperature. Eggs at room temperature will blend better with other ingredients and whisk into a nice froth.
Line you’re baking tin, it takes a few minutes to do and makes life so much easier! With your tin lined, you do not need to worry about the brownies sticking to the tin or how you’re going to get them out. They come out so easily.
There’s no special equipment needed to make these brownies. The main equipment you need other than mixing bowls and a sieve are:
Baking Tin: This brownie recipe uses a 9″ baking tin to create 16 slices.
Electric Hand Whisk: An electric whisk will help you whisk up the egg mixture till it turns frothy and pale. It’s very helpful and does all the hard work for you!
Spatula: A spatula is used to combine the egg mixture with melted chocolate and butter alongside the dry ingredients such as cocoa powder, flour and kinder chocolate. It is important to use a spatula to fold in the ingredients so that the air is not taken out of the mixture.
How To Make Kinder Bueno Brownies
Ready to make brownies? Below is a step-by-step guide with pictures on how to make homemade Kinder Bueno brownies. Full instructions are on the recipe card at the bottom and you can watch my video on how I make my own.
Preheat your oven to 180°C (gas mark 4, 350°F) and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy, has doubled in size and the colour has turned pale.
Pour the cooled melted butter and dark chocolate mixture over the whisked eggs. With a spatula, fold the mixture together until combined. This does seem like it takes a very long time but keep going, it will combine eventually.
Sift plain flour and cocoa powder over the mixture, then fold again with your spatula until evenly combined.
Once combined, pour the broken pieces of Kinder chocolate, white Kinder Bueno bars and milk Kinder Bueno bars into the brownie mixture, leaving 8 Kinder Bueno squares (white and/or milk) for later use.
Fold the mixture until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the brownie mixture.
Pour the brownie mixture into a line baking tray and spread evenly using a spatula.
Place the remaining 8 Kinder Bueno squares on top of the brownie batter, pressing each down gently. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Leave the mixture to cool down completely before cutting into it.
And that’s how to make Kinder Bueno brownies!! I can’t wait for you to try this recipe but I can imagine you’re drooling already.
Frequently Asked Questions & Suggestions
Can I Freeze This Recipe: Yes, you can freeze brownies! Allow the brownies to cool down completely before transferring into a freezer-proof container. Place in the freezer from up to 2 months. I always like to cut the brownies into portion-sized pieces so that you can just defrost portion-sized amounts when ready.
How To Store: Store the brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature.
How Long Do They Last?: The brownies will last up to 5 days kept in an air-tight container.
Don’t like gooey brownies? After 25 minutes, bake the brownies for a further 5-10 minutes or until you have reached your desired texture. You can poke a skewer or toothpick into the mixture to gage how gooey the batter is. Bare in mind, when the baked brownies cool, they will harden.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Kinder Bueno Brownies Recipe
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Kinder Chocolate
- 200 g Kinder Bueno Milk and/or White Kinder Bueno Bars
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (gas mark 4, 350°F) and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwavable-safe bowl for up to 2 minutes and leave aside to cool down.
- Place the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy, has doubled in size and the colour has turned pale.
- Pour the cooled melted butter and dark chocolate mixture over the whisked eggs. With a spatula, fold the mixture together until combined.
- Sift plain flour and cocoa powder over the mixture, then fold again with your spatula until evenly combined.
- Once combined, pour the broken pieces of Kinder chocolate, white Kinder Bueno bars and milk Kinder Bueno bars into the brownie mixture, leaving 8 Kinder Bueno squares (white and/or milk) for later use.
- Fold the mixture until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the brownie mixture.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a line baking tray and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Place the remaining 8 Kinder Bueno squares on top of the brownie batter, pressing each down gently. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Leave the mixture to cool down completely before cutting into it.
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY