How To Make An Easy Homemade Oreo Waffle
These Oreo waffles are light, fluffy, delicious and filled with tasty Oreos inside. Learn how to make this homemade sweet waffle recipe from scratch, perfect for your waffle maker!
If you love waffles, then you’re going to love this easy Oreo waffle recipe; it takes classic waffles to a whole new level! They’re light, fluffy and make the tastiest breakfast, brunch or dessert idea, perfect for all the Oreo lovers out there.
One of the best things about this recipe is how quick the waffles take to make and of course the taste! You’ll tuck into tasty waffles that are flavoured with crushed Oreo cookies that you can customise with so many different toppings. Consider this your go-to recipe for delicious homemade sweet waffles, ready for the waffle maker in just 5 minutes.
Oreo Waffle Recipe For The Waffle Maker
To make these waffles you’ll need a waffle maker, any will do you don’t need a super fancy one! I used this waffle maker you can get on Amazon; it will give you circular round waffles you can pull apart into four quarters.
You can also make these amazingly good croffles (croissant waffles) in your waffle maker of choice too!
Watch How To Make Oreo Waffles
Below are the few basic ingredients needed for this easy Oreo waffle recipe:
- Oreo: The main ingredient; you can’t make Oreo waffles without them! You can get Oreos online or in pretty much any corner store or supermarket. I used the original Oreo flavour for cookies and cream type waffles but you can use any flavour you want.
- Self-Raising Flour: I used self-raising flour for this waffle recipe.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is important for creating waffles that are raised.
- Sugar: A tablespoon of sugar is added to the batter for a slight sweetness. You don’t have to add in the tablespoon of sugar, especially if you’re going to make a waffle dessert with lots of sweet toppings.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is added for extra flavour.
- Egg: I usually use eggs left at room temperature when baking for best results.
- Milk: I used whole milk for this waffle recipe.
How To Make Easy Oreo Waffles From Scratch
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make homemade Oreo waffles from scratch, this recipe is so easy and quick. Find full instructions for this waffle dessert on the recipe card with a video too.
Add flour, sugar, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until evenly distributed.
Add an egg, vanilla, and half the amount of milk into the mixing bowl and whisk together. Then add the remaining milk and whisk together until evenly distributed.
Tip: Don’t worry if you see any lumps, as you pour the remaining milk and continue to whisk the lumps will disappear. If you still see a few lumps, it’s okay to leave the mixture as it is. Over-whisking the mixture can give you tough waffles.
Add crushed Oreos into the waffle batter and mix into the batter.
Turn the waffle maker on, (I used a medium heat) and ladle in the mixture onto the waffle maker. Cook the waffle according to you waffle maker’s instructions, it usually takes me under 5 minutes for the waffles to be ready.
Tip: Try not to overfill the waffle maker, the more you make waffles the more you’ll learn the perfect amount you need for your machine.
Carefully remove the cooked waffle from the waffle maker and plate: serve with ice cream, more chopped Oreos and golden syrup.
What To Add To Waffles To Make Them Better?
What gets me excited about eating waffles has got to be the range of toppings you can use to decorate and garnish it. There are so many toppings you can add to these homemade sweet waffles in addition to Oreos, below is a list of topping ideas for an all-out waffle dessert:
- Ice Cream
- Fresh Fruit
- Chocolate Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Golden Syrup
- Toffee Sauce
- Strawberry Sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Spreads like Nutella, Peanut Butter Or Biscoff
My Top Tips For Making Oreo Waffles
You’ll want to use a non-stick iron; this will prevent the waffle batter from sticking to the waffle maker and breaking whilst you’re trying to get the waffles out.
An extra tip to prevent sticking is to spray the waffle maker with oil before adding batter.
You can crush the Oreo pieces into fine crumbs using a food processor or you can gently break it into a few pieces with your hands like I did. This is what gives you chunks of Oreos in the waffle.
Use the first waffle as a gauge to see how much batter you need for your waffle maker; this sweet recipe is perfect for any waffle maker. You just need to avoid overfilling it with too much batter!
Belgium Waffles Vs Normal Waffles
Belgium waffles have deep pockets which is created by using a deep waffle maker. The deep holes are perfect for holding pools of syrup drizzled on top. Belgium waffles are also considered to be lighter, crisper and fluffier in texture compared to regular waffles.
The ingredients used to make the waffles tend to differ too, but you can use any batter in a waffle maker.
How Do I Know When My Oreo Waffle Is Done?
If you don’t have a waffle maker that lets you know when it’s cooked, you can wait till the steam escaping has reduced to take a sneak peek. I usually check after 4 minutes that’s when my waffles are usually cooked.
If you like your waffles pale you’ll want to check if they’re done at the 3-minute mark and keep an eye out from then, otherwise keep them in for longer for more golden and browner waffles.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Oreo Mousse
- Oreo Donuts
- Biscoff French Toast
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Biscoff Mug Cake
- Double Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Oreo Waffle (Easy Dessert Recipe)
- Add flour, sugar, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until evenly distributed.
- Add an egg, vanilla, and half the amount of milk into the mixing bowl and whisk together. Then add the remaining milk and whisk together until evenly distributed.
- Add crushed Oreos into the waffle batter and mix into the batter.
- Turn the waffle maker on, (I used a medium heat) and ladle in the mixture onto the waffle maker. Cook the waffle according to you waffle maker’s instructions, it usually takes me under 5 minutes for the waffles to be ready.
- Carefully remove the cooked waffle from the waffle maker and plate: serve with ice cream, more chopped Oreos and golden syrup.
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY