How To Make White Chocolate Hot Cookie Dough
A warm and gooey hot cookie dough recipe that you don’t need a skillet to make! This easy recipe is both tasty and luscious, perfect for all the cookie monsters out there.
Doesn’t the thought of freshly baked cookie dough that’s hot, warm and gooey make you so happy? I’m a big fan of cookie desserts like this hot cookie dough recipe, served with ice cream is a dream come true.
What’s even is better is how easy it is to make; this recipe only takes 25 minutes and you can enjoy it whilst warm. You don’t have to use white chocolate like I did, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate or whatever flavour you like.
A Copycat Pizza Hut Cookie Dough Recipe
If you’ve ever been to Pizza Hut here in the UK, then you’ll probably know you can get delicious hot cookie dough as a dessert. I decided to make it myself and here it is with this recipe! You can also get hot cookie dough in restaurants like Creams and Kaspas.
If you’ve never had hot cookie dough from Pizza Hut before, it’s basically a deep-dish cookie filled with chocolate chips. It’s baked to perfection where it’s gooey in the centre, slightly crispy around the edges and served with ice cream.
I of course deviated from the original by using white chocolate chunks instead of milk chocolate chips. What’s so good about making hot cookie dough is how adaptable it is, you can add in your favourite ingredients and flavours. Chocolate chunks cut from a chocolate bar gives you pools of melted chocolate once baked – you can’t miss this! Chocolate chips won’t give you this effect.
I recently made raspberry and white chocolate cookies; this flavour combination will also taste amazing made into a hot cookie dough.
Watch How To Make It
You’ll only need the 7 ingredients below, most of which you’ll probably have at home already:
- Butter: You can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- Sugar: This recipe uses half caster sugar and half light brown sugar for a slightly chewy cookie around the edges. You can use all caster sugar or all light brown sugar.
- Egg: One small egg.
- Vanilla: For extra flavour.
- Plain Flour: Helps to bind the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Baking Powder: For a gentle rise.
- Chocolate: I used white chocolate, feel free to use any type of chocolate you like. It’s best to use a bar of chocolate chopped into chunks using a knife for pools of chocolate. Alternatively, you can use chocolate chips.
Do I Have To Use A Skillet?
Nope! The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need a skillet to make this hot cookie dough. I baked this dessert using a regular 7″ baking tin.
If you do want to use a skillet, make sure the one you get is oven-proof! Stainless steel skillets or cast-iron skillets are suitable for baking in the oven. Avoid using any with a wooden or plastic handle, it’s best to read the description or label making sure if it’s oven-safe before buying or using one.
Should Cookie Dough Be Room Temp Before Baking?
You can bake cookie dough at room temperature or straight from the fridge. With this recipe there’s no chilling involved. Placing the cookie dough in the fridge helps the cookies to hold their shape and expand more slowly in the oven. For this recipe, the dough is baked in a baking tin or skillet, so we don’t need to worry about the cookies spreading.
How To Make Hot Cookie Dough Like Pizza Hut
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make easy, warm and gooey hot cookie dough. Full recipe instructions are on the recipe card at the bottom with a video too.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla into the mixing bowl and mix together.
Add flour, baking powder and chopped chunks of white chocolate into the mixing bowl and mix together until a dough has formed.
Pour the cookie dough into a greased or lined 7″ baking tin. Top with the remaining white chocolate chunk pieces. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes for a gooey hot cookie dough or 15 to 20 minutes for a more baked cookie dough. Serve with ice cream!
This basic cookie dough recipe can be made with additional flavours. You can easily make a double chocolate version by adding cocoa powder with white chocolate and milk chocolate chunks. Caramel is also a popular cookie flavour, instead of adding vanilla you can add caramel essence instead.
More Cookie Recipes
If you loved this homemade hot cookie dough recipe, then you’ll love these easy recipes too:
- Raspberry And White Chocolate Cookies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Chip Condensed Cookies
- Lemon Biscuits
- Fork Biscuits
Hot Cookie Dough Recipe (Pizza Hut Copycat)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4, 350°F).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla into the mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add flour, baking powder and chopped chunks of white chocolate into the mixing bowl and mix together until a dough has formed.
- Pour the cookie dough into a greased or lined 7″ baking tin. Top with the remaining white chocolate chunk pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes for a gooey hot cookie dough or 15 to 20 minutes for a more baked cookie dough. Serve with ice-cream!
Music in video from Uppbeat, License code: 08VBCZFHCZBZDBBY