How To Make The Best Peanut Butter Cookies, A Recipe With Only 3 Ingredients
You’re going to love this Peanut Butter Cookies, it’s actually the best recipe EVER. With only 3 ingredients this recipe is easy to make and so yummy. The perfect Gluten-Free and Keto snack.
Peanut butter cookies are a classic! If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, then you’re going to fall in love with these cookies. With a slight crisp on the outside and a soft centre, there’s no surprise why my family think this is the best peanut butter cookies recipe ever.
I have to admit, when I first found out about these cookies I was a bit sceptical. I wondered how you could make peanut butter cookies with no flour. But I was wrong, they hold their shape well and they taste delicious! It’s a simple one bowl recipe that you can put together in a matter of minutes. Just like peanut butter granola bars they make great on the go snacks.
Peanut Butter Cookies – The 3 Ingredients
To make these yummy treats you’ll only need an egg, sugar and of course peanut butter. As these cookies are flourless, they make easy gluten-free snacks and easy keto cookies as they’re low in carbs and high in protein!
I remember being shocked that you could make yummy cookies with only the 3 ingredients below:
- Peanut butter: I like to use smooth peanut butter but you can use either smooth or crunchy, they both work for this recipe. Alongside tasting delish, peanut butter is also high in protein and fibre.
- Egg: Helps to bind the ingredients together and adds to the high protein content in these cookies.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness. If you want to make peanut butter cookies with no sugar, then you can substitute the sugar with a sweetener like Stevia or make peanut butter cookies with no sugar at all.
How To Make Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
It literally takes only 10-13 minutes in the oven and around 10 minutes to prep. In under 30 minutes you’ll be biting into these amazing cookies.
Preheat your oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4 / 350°F. Add the peanut butter, egg and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Mix all the ingredients together until they have combined and the mixture is smooth.
Pinch bite-sized pieces from the dough and roll it in the palms of your hands to form balls. Place each ball on a baking try lined with grease-proof paper. Make sure to leave enough room between each ball as they do spread a little in the oven.
Gently press each dough ball with the back of a fork and then press the dough balls again in the opposite direction so that it resembles a criss-cross pattern.
Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until the outsides of the cookies are slightly crisp. Once out of the oven leave the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack for a further 5 minutes.
And that’s how to make easy peanut butter cookies from scratch with just 3 ingredients, I hope you do enjoy them!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments below and tag me on Instagram @MyMorningMocha, I would love to see them!
Ways To Switch Up This Recipe
- Make It Vegan: To make these cookies vegan you can replace the egg with vegan egg substitute powders, bananas or applesauce. You can definitely make peanut butter cookies with no egg! Though I haven’t tried to make them with egg substitutes before, you can definitely give them a try. Let me know in the comments below if you do!
- Use brown sugar: Using brown sugar or a mixture of white and brown sugar will make your 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies more softer in texture and moist.
- Add more ingredients!!: What’s in your cookies is up to you! Why stick to 3 ingredients when you can add more, you can make peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, Nutella, cinnamon and more.
Can Peanut Butter Cookies Be Frozen?
Freeze cookie dough: YES, you can freeze these cookies! Once you have mixed all the ingredients together and you have your cookie dough. Continue to make bite-sized balls and put them on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper. Make criss-cross patterns with the back of a fork. Then freeze the peanut butter cookie dough on the baking tray for around 2 hours. Once frozen, keep the frozen cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat them, bake from frozen in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
TIP!!: Freeze the cookie dough in an airtight container with each layer separated with grease-proof paper, so that they don’t stick together.
Freeze baked cookies: You can freeze cooked cookies too! You can either defrost the cookies and serve or bake them in the oven for around 5 minutes.
Do I Need To Chill The Cookie Dough?
Nope! Some recipes include chilling the dough to reduce the cookies from spreading too much in the oven. There’s no need to chill the dough in this recipe! That’s why it takes under 30 minutes to make and is perfect as a quick and easy snack idea.
What Can I Bake Next?
Have a go at making these delicious pull apart Nutella puff pastry twists or click on the food category on the menu above and browse through. Subscribe to our newsletter below to never miss a recipe!
Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 250 g Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 130 g Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4 / 350°F
- Add the peanut butter, egg and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they have combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Pinch bite-sized pieces from the dough and roll it in the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Place each ball on a baking try lined with grease-proof paper. Make sure to leave enough room between each ball as they do spread a little in the oven.
- Gently press each dough ball with the back of a fork and then press the dough balls again in the opposite direction so that it resembles a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until the outsides of the cookies are slightly crisp.
- Once out of the oven leave the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack for a further 5 minutes.