Bacon And Cheese Turnover
Here's how to make the best puff pastry bacon and cheese turnover. This recipe is a copycat Greggs bacon and cheese wrap. Here's the secret!
- 375 g Ready-Made Puff Pastry One Pack
- 8 Rashers Streaky Bacon See Notes
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese See Notes
- 1 Egg For Egg Wash
Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/180°C/350°F.
Unroll the ready-made puff pastry sheet. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, divide into 8 squares.
Take one square and slant the puff pastry sheet so that it resembles a diamond. Place a piece of bacon in the middle then top with cheese. Repeat for all puff pastry squares.
Fold one corner of the puff pastry sheet into the middle. Tap your fingers into a bowl of water and wet the folded corner. Fold the corner on the opposite side on top, gently press down so that they don’t unfold in the oven. Brush over with an egg wash.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and flaky, leave to cool down for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Pin For Later
Bacon: If you’re using a thicker piece of bacon, cook the bacon for a few minutes beforehand to part-cook it. The bacon will cook completely after being baked in the oven.
Cheese: If you do not like strong cheeses you can go for a mild cheese instead of mature or extra mature.
- Take your puff pastry out of the fridge for a least 15 minutes before unrolling. This is to prevent the pastry from breaking when unrolling. This happens when the pastry is too cold.
- Use puff pastry that is pre-rolled, buying a block of puff pastry means that you'll have to roll it out evenly. You can use a block of puff pastry; it just takes a bit longer and requires more effort.
- Leave the bacon and cheese puffs to cool down for 5 minutes before eating. Fresh from the oven the pastries will be soft, they will crisp-up after a few minutes.
Calories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 10gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 348mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 164IUCalcium: 99mgIron: 1mg