The Benefits Of Having A Mentor – A Financial Joy Academy Review
If you’ve ever googled investing, passive income or financial freedom, chances are you’re striving for a life where you’re not stuck in a rat race of work, eat, sleep and repeat. If you’ve stumbled upon the Financial Joy Academy, the million-dollar question you want to know is if it’s worth it right?
Achieving financial independence is not a way of living for just a select few! Today I’m going to give you an honest review of the Financial Joy Academy and tell you whether it’s worth it or not. And is it worth it? YES! Here’s why…
Financial Joy Academy Review- What Is It?
I found out about Ken Okoroafor from watching a few of The Humble Penny YouTube channels about investing in stocks. I then browsed on the The Humble Penny blog where I learnt a lot in detail about side hustles and investing. From there, my only option was to join The Financial Joy Academy – (FJA).
FJA is an academy of like-minded people who want to achieve their financial goals, this could be starting a business, investing and ultimately reaching financial independence.
Though there are a lot of information on the internet, nothing beats getting a step-by-step personalised program from an expert who’s walked in our shoes (and succeeded).
The one of many things I love about FJA, is that whenever I need to ask a question or need some advice, Ken is either a quick email or coaching call away!
Ken went from being a Topshop assistant, saving on a £26,000 yearly salary to a retired accountant at age 34! He managed to pay-off his mortgage and is living debt-free in only 10 years!!! Ken also lives on a modest income from his multiple businesses and is giving back with a mission to help 10,000 families achieve financial independence in this new decade.
The benefits of joining the Financial Joy Academy is that you’ll have support, accountability, inspiration and motivation to achieve financial independence and your dreams.
Above is a picture of the 6 different ways the Financial Joy Academy helps you to achieve success. In this Financial Joy Academy review, I’ll explain each of these in more detail.
There are a vast range of courses in FJA that are accessible to Financial Joy Academy members. From many on property investing, stock market investing and online businesses to courses on blog monetisation and branding.
Their courses are packed with detail, are engaging and motivating; everything is broken down to ensure complete learning. What Ken does exceptionally well is leave you learning something new, whilst also directing your next steps.
I particularly enjoyed the courses on investing. The courses thoroughly help you to start investing whilst also teaching you about the different types of investments you can make. I also particularly like how the courses are in video format whilst also providing summaries and action points to help under each course.
Initially before Ken and his wife Mary started the Financial Joy Academy, some of their courses were available for purchase on other platforms. These courses accumulate to over thousands in price! But all courses are free for you as a Financial Joy Academy member with no additional costs or hidden fees!
Isn’t that great! Along with the courses they’ve made already, you will also have access to their prospective courses frequently released on FJA.
One of my favourite aspects of FJA, live fortnightly coaching calls with Ken and Mary themselves. At the moment, this is currently taking place on Wednesdays and is done by video calls.
This essentially is the ‘ask Ken and Mary anything‘ time, from investment advice and business help to marketing strategies and passive income. This is the time for you to get direct help live.
Questions are submitted the week before and are answered in an hour-long call. If there is time, people can still ask more questions at the end. If you still have further questions then they will be answered in the Facebook community or via a direct email to Ken, but more on that later!
The financial Joy Academy are full of like-minded people aiming for financial independence, the community is very welcoming and far from judgemental. You really do feel free to ask any question.
If you’re busy on Wednesdays or miss a call, all coaching calls are recorded so you get to watch it when uploaded into the academy.
Community and Network
I couldn’t review the Financial Joy Academy without mentioning the Facebook community! The Facebook community is a private group for only FJA members including Ken and Mary.
Now I have to admit, it did take me a few months to join the Facebook community because I was already extremely satisfied with the courses, masterclasses and coaching calls.
Here a lot of people post questions, share experiences and strategies and motivate one another.
FJA members are from all over the world, like the UK, USA and Australia to name a few. What’s also good is that the community is filled with people from so many professions. It therefore makes it easier to get advice from a property expert or marketing expert or a baker and so on.
This makes it the perfect place for networking, collaborating and building professional and/or personal friendships!
The Facebook group is very active; Ken, Mary and even FJA members often do Facebook lives on a wide range of topics. A few recent topics have been on winning mindsets, and surviving the recession.
Ken and Mary really emphasise the importance of being held accountable and it’s benefits on your consistency, efficiency and growth.
Your accountability partner is carefully selected by Ken and Mary plus the matching process is based on an initial online form you fill out.
You have your accountability partner for 3 months, after you will be matched with another person. This is to promote networking and meeting new people within FJA.
If for any reason you and your partner are dissatisfied with the pairing, you can always email Ken and ask for a new one.
Accountability helps you to stay focused and make dedicated small steps which will eventually result in an achieved goal!
By far a feature on the Financial Joy Academy that I look forward to the most!
Every month Ken collaborates with an expert in a wide range of niches, my favourites so far have been with property investors and a branding expert.
To get all of that for FREE as a financial Joy member is truly a bargain!
The masterclasses are usually pre-recorded on most occasions. Though I did manage to watch a live masterclass Ken did with Sarah from Gatheringdreams.com (a financially free blogger getting around 6 figures from her blog). I definitely learnt a lot and you can too because all masterclasses are available in the academy.
How Much Does It Cost And Is FJA Worth It?
I love FJA, it truly is helpful and extremely beneficial and has helped me in my own journey of financial independence. If you wondering how much it costs to be a FJA academy member, then check out the prices below!
The cost to join FJA is £47 a month if you choose to pay monthly or if you choose to pay yearly only £39.16 a month.
Is it worth it? FJA is definitely worth it if you’re someone who aims for financial freedom, want’s to start a business, side hustle or no longer wants to live paycheck to paycheck. Financial Joy Academy will help you in your journey to financial independence.
Still wondering if FJA is worth it! Find below a summary of the top 10 things you can get from FJA. You can find this in the frequent questions and answers of FJA.
What Do You Get With A Financial Joy Academy Membership?
- You get Fortnightly Live Group Coaching from Ken and Mary aka The Humble Penny on Zoom. They’re Financially Independent and highly skilled and experienced and have helped many thousands on their journey so far. These sessions are “Ask Them Anything” sessions with questions submitted in advance within the FJA Dashboard 😀.
- Insights as they do Weekly FB LIVES in the community to share important hacks they’ve learned recently e.g. The importance of Visibility, Branding, etc. Or even to talk about topical things such as the current economic situation and tell members what decisions they’ve making in their personal lives to thrive. They also use these FB Lives to answer specific member questions.
- You get access to ALL Courses (present and future) and accompanying Action Plans.
- You get access to Monthly Expert Masterclasses covering niche subject areas such as online business ideas (Blogging, YouTubing, Personal Branding, etc), property investing, digital marketing, Investing Strategies, etc. In addition, Expert Action Plans.
- You get access to our supportive Private ‘Dream Maker’ Community of like-minded people from diverse backgrounds, who are all working together to achieve Financial Independence. Community is at the heart of FJA. Members also actively share their expertise in areas such as Website building, Law (e.g. Trademarks), Property Investing (HMO, Rent to Rent, etc) , Online Business (e.g. Amazon FBA, eBay), etc.
- Get Networking benefits through personal interactions online and offline with other community members. Build real relationships with others who will help you grow.
- Get ongoing Practical Accountability through the member pairings to inspire and motivate each other. Other forms of accountability also come from our Quarterly Progress Reports, 5 a.m. Breakfast Club (Virtual co-working space for side hustlers); Financial Joy Challenges, designed to encourage members to work together to achieve a specific goal over a period of time; setting weekly accountability goals in the community, etc.
- Get Ongoing Motivation and Inspiration from a truly unique and talented community of people with the right heart to help you succeed.
- Get the benefit of applying for a Dream Maker Case Study – An opportunity of one-to-one experience with Ken & Mary and other Dream Makers, to get detailed 1 hour feedback on your business idea, project or side hustle.
- You get the opportunity of a one-to-one private call with Ken and/or Mary if you need to get unstuck after exhausting other ways of getting your answers through the community. This is not a guaranteed addition to your membership but is available to Annual Members on the odd occasion 😊.
All of that for only £47 or £39.16 a month, I definitely think it’s more than worth it.
Final Summary Of The Financial Joy Academy Review
Why is a mentor a must…
Look at all the benefits you get from having one! From connections and advice to them helping you to avoid the same mistakes they’ve previously made in their journey.
FJA is a must for those of you who really want change and strive for a life where you are financially independent. The fact that you are reading this review indicates that you’re in search for a better life!
Ken and Mary as a mentor uncompromisingly pour out their wisdom, knowledge and experience to their mentees. They offer encouragement, motivation and stimulate personal growth.
Find out more about Financial Joy Academy here, don’t forget your 15% off discount above.
And that’s the Financial Joy Academy review, I hope you enjoyed it.
For more money related posts, click on the money category on the menu above and browse through. Subscribe to our newsletter below to get freebies and join other readers!